Sunday, October 23, 2011

Serendipity

Monday morning, about two weeks ago, I woke up to the beeping of my alarm at the usual time, 6:40 AM. Never a minute later or earlier. I have thankfully maintained the habit of leaping out of bed the moment I hear my alarm so I can go turn it off. This particular morning, I stood there awhile by my alarm and started taking some deep breaths as I thought about the events of the coming week. Tests. Homework. Band practice. Classes. Trying to see friends. Work. Little sleep. It seemed very daunting in that moment as I stood by alarm. Part of me wished I could could just crawl back into bed and wake up on Saturday. Nevertheless, I resisted that urge and knelt down by my bed to pray when I felt a crunch of paper under my knees. Looking down, I saw this piece of paper. 



I hadn't seen it before. Perhaps it had slipped from under my bed from a previous owner, or it had fallen out of some crack under my mattress. I like to think of it as a sign, a little piece of encouragement that I really needed that morning. It's been my mantra ever since, whenever tasks start piling up, I think of it. Taking that French test is possible. Finishing that essay is possible. Completing all of my homework is possible.

Anything is possible.

No comments: