Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Twenty-Three Years Young

On this day, twenty-three years and 1 hour and 21 minutes ago, my sister made her grand entrance into the world. Three years older than me, Allison has always had one of the biggest influences on my life. The way I dress, the way I tell stories, the faces I make, they are all influenced by her. We speak in sarcasm quite often and she makes me feel wittier than I really am. She has a wonderful ability to make me laugh when all I want to do is cry. She is always there for me when I am at my happiest and always there when I am at my lowest. She can do this uncanny impersonation of Severus Snape and is the closest embodiment of Lucille Ball I have ever met.

She's getting married in just over a month to one of the kindest people I have ever met. From the moment we all met him, we felt that he was already a part of our family and I can't imagine a more wonderful person to marry my sister. It's hard to feel like someone is good enough for your siblings, but Jordan, I think you just might make the cut.

Allison graduates this April, along with her fiance, Jordan and my brothers Jared and Rhett. It's a year of change for everyone but beautiful change. My family is one of the greatest blessings in my life and I will always cherish these two years we will have had together in Provo.

Allison, you've made it twenty-three years and seeing how wonderful your life is makes me inexpressibly happy! I know this coming year will be even better than the last one!

No comments: