Thursday, November 15, 2012

Is it winter semester yet?

Man oh man, I have finalized my winter semester schedule! I'm a little jazzed. Here's the rundown:

Early Modern English -- I talked to the teacher of my section recently and she said we will be studying Hamlet as one of our main literary works! How did she know it's my favorite Shakespeare play?

Shakespeare -- Even more Shakespeare! Bam!

Sociolinguistics -- This class is taught by my department head, Dr. Eggington. He's from Australia and he's brilliantly witty. I have been dying to have a class from him since I saw his devotional a last year!

Print Publishing -- I will finally become the master of InDesign and figure out how to create layouts for magazines!

Genre and Substantive Editing -- The next step in becoming a fully fledged editor. I'm a little (or a lot) excited to move on from commas and dashes and start to figure out how to critique the big picture!



Look at that beauty. 5 classes, 15 credits, and they're all English Language heavy! I'm so excited! Not to mention that I have a nice 3 hour break on MWF, and I don't have to be on campus until 3 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sure, I'll be working during most of those hours, but I'll have so much more time than this semester, it's crazy! It's my last big semester at BYU, and I am sure ready to move on from this semester's classes and have a fresh start with new teachers and new subjects. Now if I can just motivate myself to make it through the last few weeks of the semester. Bluh.

No comments: