Thursday, October 11, 2012

Buffalo and Cookie Dough

 It's been a busy couple of weeks. For a few weeks now, my midterms have been gnawing on my leg like a rabid dog I can't get to leave my house. Seriously, stop biting me. I love when I hear people complain about their midterm week. Week, as in a singular form of the word. At BYU, the only times most of us take a break from midterms is the first week of classes and finals, but even that isn't a guarantee.

While we're busy running and studying, Aaron and I have developed a few favorite and not-so-favorite food. Here are a few that make the list:

What we love:

This beautiful, mammoth container of ice cream that I bought at Smiths for half of its regular price has already earned its price in the happiness it brings. We both love the cookie dough chunks the best and our ice cream is filled with pits where we've tried to find a delectable morsel of cookie dough. Don't judge.
   
What we strongly dislike:



We bought this on sale thinking, we love Wheat Thins! Let's branch out and try this Spicy Buffalo kind! Bad move. When they wrote spicy, they probably mean to call it Bitter With a Smidgen of Tabasco Sauce. And it does nothing to remind me of this guy. Fail. However, despite our distaste for it, it has since ended up in the car and has become our "last resort food," the food that you eat only in desperate situations where you can't exist a moment longer without food. 





What I'm making this week:

Barbecue Chicken Empanada. This delicious beauty of an empanada is filled with shredded barbecue chicken, red onions, and cheese and is covered by more barbecue sauce and cheese. How can it go wrong? Oh so good.















In my dreams:

Lobster Mac and Cheese. It's no secret that I am in love with all things mac and cheese (oven baked, stove-top, crockpot, Kraft, Velveeta), and when I saw this on one of my favorite blogs, I started to salivate. Of course if we ever had the desire or means to spend the money for lobster, there is no way we would use that precious piece of meat in something like mac and cheese. One day, when we have made our fortune, I will make this beautiful dish. Besides, Aaron has never eaten lobster. That is a travesty that must be rectified. 

2 comments:

Allison said...

Those empanadas look WAY too good. I'm stealing the recipe :)

Baylee said...

:) This was just what I needed to read today! Thank you for sharing some fun from Provo Rachel:) We miss you guys!!!